From: "George Pontis" <GPontis@z9.com>
To: barebox@lists.infradead.org
Subject: New user: need a hand booting the kernel from NAND
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:42:25 -0700	[thread overview]

Machine is a custom at91sam9g45 board with NOR and NAND flash. The bootstrap
loader and barebox, and barebox environment are in the NOR flash. All seems
to be working well there. The NAND is partitioned into 2 chunks:
2560K(kernel),-(root)

I used ubimkvol to create a volume on root and the nfs command to put a root
filesystem on it. Seems to work fine if I get the kernel via NFS.

I have a good working kernel in uImage format, and used "nfs
/var/share/uImage  /dev/nand0.kernel.bb" in an attempt to write it to the
2560K partition. The nfs copy seemed to work fine. However, it will not
accept the image. I get messages about an unknown format, suggesting to try
-f. Was it the wrong procedure that I used to copy the uImage ?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

George