* AM335x NAND
@ 2014-06-26 20:58 Stefan Müller-Klieser
From: Stefan Müller-Klieser @ 2014-06-26 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Dear list,

I am working on TI's AM335x SoCs and want to add support for the missing
NAND controller features in the driver. As the NAND interface of the
barebox is not in sync with the kernel, it is difficult for me to decide
which way to go. Is there already work going on to update the barebox
NAND driver? I suppose the barebox nand_omap_gpmc is a port of the
u-boot NAND driver. So, should I port the features from the u-boot
driver into barebox, e.g. ELM and HW BCH16 support, or are there
different plans from the maintainer?

Kind regards, Stefan

* Re: AM335x NAND
@ 2014-06-27 23:31 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2014-06-27 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Müller-Klieser; +Cc: barebox

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:58:13PM +0200, Stefan Müller-Klieser wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am working on TI's AM335x SoCs and want to add support for the missing
> NAND controller features in the driver. As the NAND interface of the
> barebox is not in sync with the kernel, it is difficult for me to decide
> which way to go. Is there already work going on to update the barebox
> NAND driver? I suppose the barebox nand_omap_gpmc is a port of the
> u-boot NAND driver. So, should I port the features from the u-boot
> driver into barebox, e.g. ELM and HW BCH16 support, or are there
> different plans from the maintainer?

I have no further plans with nand_omap_gpmc. Note the driver can switch
the ecc correction type during runtime. We have to do this since the
boot ROM needs a different ecc layout than the rest of the NAND does.
I don't want to lose this feature. Other than that feel free to update
the driver with new features.

Sascha

* Re: AM335x NAND
@ 2014-06-30 14:00 ` Jan Lübbe
From: Jan Lübbe @ 2014-06-30 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 22:58 +0200, Stefan Müller-Klieser wrote:
> So, should I port the features from the u-boot driver into barebox,
> e.g. ELM and HW BCH16 support, or are there different plans from the
> maintainer?

I've seen that the Phytec AM335x BSPs contain patches which add support
for the ELM. This wasn't mainlined, but might a good starting point.

Regards,
Jan