From: "Teresa Gámez" <t.gamez@phytec.de>
To: ManuelCurcio@Eaton.com
Cc: barebox@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: beagle bone black: problem of boot from eMMC
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 10:41:52 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Manuel,

Am Mittwoch, den 31.12.2014, 14:52 +0000 schrieb ManuelCurcio@Eaton.com:

> After, I wanted to boot from the the internal eMMC.
> So after boot from sd card, I mounted the eMMC (mount /dev/mmc1.0) and
> copied the MLO and barebox.bin in the /mnt/mmc1.0 folder.
>
> When I try to boot from the internal eMMC ,I have the following error:
> --------->
> barebox 2014.12.0 #2 Wed Dec 31 15:29:16 GMT 2014
>

> Board: TI AM335x BeagleBone
> detected 'BeagleBone Black'
> omap-hsmmc 48060000.mmc: registered as 48060000.mmc
> booting from MMC
> fat fat0: probe failed: error 22
> Unable to mount  (-22)
> booting failed
> <---------

This issue comes from commit:

commit 0d6392de4ad824a6553c0e3e3e18edef689a7c85
Author: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
Date:   Thu Jun 5 12:09:07 2014 +0200

    ARM: AM335x: Beaglebone: Use stripped down devicetree for MLO

For the MLO only the am335x-bone-common.dtsi is used to create the
device tree. But this does not have the emmc support included.

> I tried myself to find a 'correction' by added the call of
> am33xx_of_register_bootdevice(void) function at the end of the static
> int beaglebone_devices_init(void) function. With this modification,
> sometime (depending of the last boot: from SD Card or from eMMC)  I can
> boot, someting not.

What you are also missing is a disabled emmc node from the
am335x-boneblack.dts in the am335x-bone-common.dtsi.

This may help.

Regards,
Teresa