* SD/MMC driver for imx
@ 2010-10-05  7:44 Marc Reilly
From: Marc Reilly @ 2010-10-05  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,

Does anybody happen to be working on a driver for mmc/sd cards for imx(35)?

All I'm really looking for is something simple that can read a kernel image
off a card, no file system need be involved.

Otherwise, any tips for a good starting point would be appreciated. I was
thinking of using the uboot driver as a starting point.

Cheers,
Marc

* Re: SD/MMC driver for imx
@ 2010-10-05  8:21 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2010-10-05  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Marc Reilly wrote:
> Does anybody happen to be working on a driver for mmc/sd cards for imx(35)?
>
> All I'm really looking for is something simple that can read a kernel image
> off a card, no file system need be involved.
>
> Otherwise, any tips for a good starting point would be appreciated. I was
> thinking of using the uboot driver as a starting point.

I'm currently working on an SD/MMC framework and drivers for Samsung S3C2440,
Freescale i.MX23 and i.MX27. S3C2440 is already working, i.MX23 can read from
SD cards (but not write yet) and the state of the i.MX27 driver is currently
unknown. I'm working on these topics in the next few days. I hope it will
work on all these platforms by the end of this week.

BTW: A FAT filesystem support would be nice to access files on the SD card...

Regards
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | Phone: +49-8766-939 228     |