* When do patches get into the releases?
@ 2011-03-05  3:22 Zoltán Kócsi
From: Zoltán Kócsi @ 2011-03-05  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

I've downloaded 2011-03-0 release and the mini_2440 NAND related
patches by Jürgen Beisert on 24 Feb were not in it.

When do patches get committed into the release tree?

Zoltan

* Re: When do patches get into the releases?
@ 2011-03-05 11:51 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2011-03-05 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Zoltán Kócsi wrote:
> I've downloaded 2011-03-0 release and the mini_2440 NAND related
> patches by Jürgen Beisert on 24 Feb were not in it.
>
> When do patches get committed into the release tree?

1) Patches with new content -> barebox-next
2) Patches with just fixes -> barebox-master
3) goto 1) until release

At release time:

4) barebox-master -> new release
5) barebox-next -> barebox-master
6) goto 1)

;-)

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | Phone: +49-8766-939 228     |

* Re: When do patches get into the releases?
@ 2011-03-06 16:43   ` Dirk Gerdes
From: Dirk Gerdes @ 2011-03-06 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Beisert, barebox

Hello,

I'm trying to install barebox on my mini2440.
I followed the instructions in the bottom of "mini2440.c".
Barebox starts from Ram, but if I switch to NAND and start the board again, console keeps quiet. At the moment I have no idea, what went wrong.

I used the latest version from git and I got the
1GB-X35 Mini2440-Board.

Kind Regards

Dirk

* Re: When do patches get into the releases?
@ 2011-03-06 18:15     ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2011-03-06 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi Dirk,

Dirk Gerdes wrote:
> I'm trying to install barebox on my mini2440.
> I followed the instructions in the bottom of "mini2440.c".
> Barebox starts from Ram, but if I switch to NAND and start the board again,
> console keeps quiet. At the moment I have no idea, what went wrong.
>
> I used the latest version from git and I got the
> 1GB-X35 Mini2440-Board.

My bad. The current S3C2440 NAND driver only supports small page NANDs. But
even with support for the 'advanced' NANDs (2kiB page size) currently it
still does not boot from NAND... Will send my patch series, as soon the board
boots from NAND.

Juergen