* protecting env partitions from bad blocks
@ 2011-06-05 11:50 Boaz Ben-David
From: Boaz Ben-David @ 2011-06-05 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi all,

I want to protect the env partition on my device from bad blocks
(created during operation or already there out of the factory).
Couldn't find any good documentation regarding this issue, so I have
some questions:

1. Exactly what capabilities the bb devices in Barebox give me?
2. I was thinking of somehow assigning the env partition larger than
required in order to later
handle bad blocks by moving the block currenly being used to be the
first good block.
Is this a good approach or maybe there is something already ready and I
shouldn't bother because I am totally missing the point?

Thanks,

Boaz.