* "panda" config and build doesn't work on panda ES at all
@ 2012-02-08 22:20 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-02-08 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

  just for fun, i configured and built MLO and barebox.bin for the
panda, then tried to use that on a panda ES -- got no response
whatever from minicom.  i did verify that i could boot to barebox just
fine on a regular panda, though.

  this is different from the case of a regular beagle and beagle xM,
for which the MLO and barebox.bin boot just fine on an xM, so there's
clearly a significant difference between those two panda variants as
far as barebox is concerned.  i haven't had any time to look at it in
more detail yet.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca

* Re: "panda" config and build doesn't work on panda ES at all
@ 2012-02-09  8:16 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-02-09  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert P. J. Day; +Cc: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 05:20:45PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   just for fun, i configured and built MLO and barebox.bin for the
> panda, then tried to use that on a panda ES -- got no response
> whatever from minicom.  i did verify that i could boot to barebox just
> fine on a regular panda, though.
>
>   this is different from the case of a regular beagle and beagle xM,
> for which the MLO and barebox.bin boot just fine on an xM, so there's
> clearly a significant difference between those two panda variants as
> far as barebox is concerned.  i haven't had any time to look at it in
> more detail yet.

We should add some information about that here:

http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_panda
http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_beagle

So what variants of these boards are out there?

Panda 'regular'
Panda ES
Beagle 'regular'
Beagle xM

Do these correspond somehow to the revisions printed on the board?
I have a Beagle rev C3 and a Panda rev A1.

Sascha

* Re: "panda" config and build doesn't work on panda ES at all
@ 2012-02-09  9:18   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-02-09  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 05:20:45PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   just for fun, i configured and built MLO and barebox.bin for the
> > panda, then tried to use that on a panda ES -- got no response
> > whatever from minicom.  i did verify that i could boot to barebox just
> > fine on a regular panda, though.
> >
> >   this is different from the case of a regular beagle and beagle xM,
> > for which the MLO and barebox.bin boot just fine on an xM, so there's
> > clearly a significant difference between those two panda variants as
> > far as barebox is concerned.  i haven't had any time to look at it in
> > more detail yet.
>
> We should add some information about that here:
>
> http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_panda
> http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_beagle
>
> So what variants of these boards are out there?
>
> Panda 'regular'
> Panda ES
> Beagle 'regular'
> Beagle xM
>
> Do these correspond somehow to the revisions printed on the board?
> I have a Beagle rev C3 and a Panda rev A1.

  i'll write something up and ask the beagle & panda lists to take a
look.

@ 2012-02-09 10:55 ` Eric Bénard
From: Eric Bénard @ 2012-02-09 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,
Le Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:20:45 -0500 (EST),
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> a écrit :
>   just for fun, i configured and built MLO and barebox.bin for the
> panda, then tried to use that on a panda ES -- got no response
> whatever from minicom.  i did verify that i could boot to barebox just
> fine on a regular panda, though.
>
>   this is different from the case of a regular beagle and beagle xM,
> for which the MLO and barebox.bin boot just fine on an xM, so there's
> clearly a significant difference between those two panda variants as
> far as barebox is concerned.  i haven't had any time to look at it in
> more detail yet.

Panda ES has a OMAP4460 @ 1.2GHz Panda has a OMAP4430 @ 1GHz.
This patch series shows that some changes are really needed to switch
from the 4430 to the 4460 :
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-July/096351.html

Eric
--
http://eukrea.com/en/news/104-2012

* Re: "panda" config and build doesn't work on panda ES at all
@ 2012-02-09 10:57   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-02-09 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Bénard; +Cc: barebox