Hi, since we have 'file_detect_type' in barebox, we could use it to automagically uncompress BMP files. Pseudo-code: if (file_detect_type(bmp) != BMP) { /* No BMP? Try to depack stream */ ret = uncompress(bmp, unpacked_bmp); if (ret < 0 || file_detect_type(unpacked_bmp) != BMP) return -ENOBMP; } Is something like this wanted? Or shall this be done entirely via scripts? if [ $file is somehow detected as compressed ] uncompress $file /bmp bmp /bmp rm /bmp else bmp $file fi ? Regards, Wolfram -- Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang | Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |