* Barebox hangs after boot
@ 2012-07-29 17:03 Alexey Galakhov
From: Alexey Galakhov @ 2012-07-29 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello,

While debugging S5PV210 code I ran into the following problem. Barebox
starts, the barebox command line appears on the console but does not
react to keypresses. I found no obvious dependence on the config
settings.

What may be the cause of this problem and how do I debug it?

Regards,
Alex

* Re: Barebox hangs after boot
@ 2012-07-29 17:22 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-07-29 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox; +Cc: Alexey Galakhov

Hi Alexey,

Alexey Galakhov wrote:
> While debugging S5PV210 code I ran into the following problem. Barebox
> starts, the barebox command line appears on the console but does not
> react to keypresses. I found no obvious dependence on the config
> settings.
>
> What may be the cause of this problem and how do I debug it?

Broken timer?

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: Barebox hangs after boot
@ 2012-07-29 17:26   ` Alexey Galakhov
From: Alexey Galakhov @ 2012-07-29 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Beisert; +Cc: barebox

2012/7/29 Juergen Beisert <jbe@pengutronix.de>:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> Alexey Galakhov wrote:
>> While debugging S5PV210 code I ran into the following problem. Barebox
>> starts, the barebox command line appears on the console but does not
>> react to keypresses. I found no obvious dependence on the config
>> settings.
>>
>> What may be the cause of this problem and how do I debug it?
>
> Broken timer?
>
> Regards,
> Juergen
>
> --
> Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
> Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

Probably not:

running /env/bin/init...

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  3... 2... 1... 0 (keypresses have no effect)

Now I'm checking wires, it may be just broken RX-TX connection. But unlikely.

Regards,
Alex

* Re: Barebox hangs after boot
@ 2012-07-29 17:46     ` Alexey Galakhov
From: Alexey Galakhov @ 2012-07-29 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Beisert; +Cc: barebox

It was poor contact in a RS232 cable connector. Fixed with a soldering
iron. Sorry.

Regards,
Alex