* barebox.lds.S, why _edata not follows the end of .data section?
@ 2013-10-14 13:02 Kevin Du Huanpeng
From: Kevin Du Huanpeng @ 2013-10-14 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi, in the linker script,
> _sdata = .;
>. = ALIGN(4);
> .data : { *(.data*) }
? why _edata is not here?
> . = .;
> __barebox_cmd_start = .;
> .barebox_cmd : { KEEP(*(SORT_BY_NAME(.barebox_cmd*))) }
> more....
>  __dynsym_start = .;
> *(.dynsym)
>  __dynsym_end = .;
> }
> _edata = .;
> . = ALIGN(4);
> __bss_start = .;

why _edata is there?
other sections between _sdata and _edata, are they needed to be modified?

duhuanpeng

* Re: barebox.lds.S, why _edata not follows the end of .data section?
@ 2013-10-14 13:48 ` Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2013-10-14 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Du Huanpeng; +Cc: barebox

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 09:02:49PM +0800, Kevin Du Huanpeng wrote:
> Hi, in the linker script,
> > _sdata = .;
> >. = ALIGN(4);
> > .data : { *(.data*) }
> ? why _edata is not here?

Yes it could be there. I added this to the linker script because I
needed all sdram_regions for barebox to jump over all barebox memory
regions in memtest.

Another solution would be to add a another region for barebox_cmds or
something else, but I though that can be located in data, too.

- Alex