* i.MX6Q Boot from NAND
@ 2014-02-26  6:30 andreas.willig
From: andreas.willig @ 2014-02-26  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,

has anyone in the community successfully managed to get Barebox running out of NAND on i.MX6Q/DL? I cannot find any support for BCB / FCB in the BB sources and am hitting problems while migrating from i.mx28 (MXS?) sources of BCB. U-Boot seems to run from NAND on i.MX6Q but is not an option for our project.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berg/ With kind regards

i.A. Andreas Willig
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Entwicklung Elektronik

RAFI GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 2060
88276 Ravensburg
Tel.: +49 (0) 751 89-6142

mailto:andreas.willig@rafi.de, http://www.rafi.de

Kommanditgesellschaft: Sitz Berg, Amtsgericht Ulm, HRA 550059
Komplementär: RAFI Beteiligungs-GmbH, Sitz Berg, Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 550074
Geschäftsführer: Albert Wasmeier, Dipl.-Kfm. Gerhard Schenk
USt-Ident.-Nr.: DE 146 392 319, Steuer-Nr.: 77079/00291

* Re: i.MX6Q Boot from NAND
@ 2014-02-26  7:06 ` Sascha Hauer
       [not found]   ` <OF16C06084.7F23E3FD-ONC1257C8B.0027623B-C1257C8B.0027D344@o0802.rafi.inhouse>
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2014-02-26  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andreas.willig; +Cc: barebox

Hi ANdreas,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 07:30:59AM +0100, andreas.willig@rafi.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone in the community successfully managed to get Barebox
> running out of NAND on i.MX6Q/DL? I cannot find any support for BCB /
> FCB in the BB sources and am hitting problems while migrating from
> i.mx28 (MXS?) sources of BCB. U-Boot seems to run from NAND on i.MX6Q
> but is not an option for our project.

So far I used kobs-ng for doing this, I didn't have luck with migrating
the i.MX28 BCB code so far. Somebody asked the same question a while
ago, but I can't remember who it was. He didn't report success so far
either.

Sascha

* Re: Antwort: Re: i.MX6Q Boot from NAND
       [not found]   ` <OF16C06084.7F23E3FD-ONC1257C8B.0027623B-C1257C8B.0027D344@o0802.rafi.inhouse>
@ 2014-02-27  7:30     ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2014-02-27  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andreas.willig; +Cc: barebox

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 08:15:00AM +0100, andreas.willig@rafi.de wrote:
>    Hi Sascha
>    i saw this Thread too in the archives, but since no code was entered into
>    repo i suppose the effort was not successful. By my opinion it should be
>    solvable, since U-Boot get's it running and sources are not that different
>    concerning this point. I did compare the BCB section in U-Boot with BCB
>    sections in Barebox and for the first point of view, i did not find the
>    difference, I'm just about to debug this using Lauterbach.
>
>    Btw is there a well known procedure to keep i.MX6Q cool? I got a passive
>    cooler, but especially during debugging system get's heat up over 80�C !!!
>    Which issues a reset using u-boot.

Philipp has recently sent a patch which turns off the GPU clocks in
barebox. This could help a little. The path sits in -next right now.

Sascha