* Directory mirroring
@ 2017-04-04 10:11 Daniel Schultz
From: Daniel Schultz @ 2017-04-04 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi everyone,

my boot partition is mounted to /boot/. Now, I want to make it
accessible in /mnt/ as mmc or emmc, depending to the bootsource. Sadly,
ln can only create symlinks for files and two mounts for one device
seems not to work.

Are there other ways to mirror a file system?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
With best regards,

* Re: Directory mirroring
@ 2017-04-06  7:06 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2017-04-06  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Schultz; +Cc: barebox

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 12:11:09PM +0200, Daniel Schultz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> my boot partition is mounted to /boot/. Now, I want to make it accessible in
> /mnt/ as mmc or emmc, depending to the bootsource. Sadly, ln can only create
> symlinks for files and two mounts for one device seems not to work.
>
> Are there other ways to mirror a file system?

Not that I know of. You could implement directory links, but why do you
want to have it accessible under /mnt in the first place?

Sascha

* Re: Directory mirroring
@ 2017-04-06 11:13   ` Daniel Schultz
From: Daniel Schultz @ 2017-04-06 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi Sascha,

Am 06.04.2017 um 09:06 schrieb Sascha Hauer:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 12:11:09PM +0200, Daniel Schultz wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> my boot partition is mounted to /boot/. Now, I want to make it accessible in
>> /mnt/ as mmc or emmc, depending to the bootsource. Sadly, ln can only create
>> symlinks for files and two mounts for one device seems not to work.
>>
>> Are there other ways to mirror a file system?
>
> Not that I know of. You could implement directory links, but why do you
> want to have it accessible under /mnt in the first place?

I think it would be good, if all mountable boot devices are accessible
in /mnt, but the boot source still remains at /boot.
1) All boot scripts can use /mnt
2) Barebox environment always lies in /boot

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
With best regards,