From: Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>
To: "aanno.trash" <aanno.trash@gmail.com>
Cc: barebox@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Uefi version with 'bare metal' drivers?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:10:28 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:28:59AM +0200, aanno.trash wrote:
> Well,
>
> I tried the uefi version of barebox on my lenovo miix 320. It is
> working, but it has the same problem like all the boot loaders I tried
> before: it does not recognize a SDCard that can be inserted into the
> display. On a running linux, it is recognized as 2nd eMMC (**not** as a
> USB device).

So you mean as /dev/mmcblkx?

> The uefi included with the device has the problem as well. So this is my
> question: When using the uefi version of barebox, is it possible to to
> include a 'bare metal' eMMC driver? If it is, how to do that?

Yes, that should be possible, the question is rather if it's worth the
effor. You would have to add a driver or change an existing one. First
thing to know is which hardware you have. What's your dmesg output for
this device? Is it PCI? If yes, you would have to add a PCI driver as
well.

Sascha