* macro about loongson's CPU & SoC
@ 2019-11-26 11:57 Du Huanpeng
From: Du Huanpeng @ 2019-11-26 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello, I find there are some macros about loongson's CPU and SoC,

$ vim barebox/arch/mips/Kconfig

174 config CPU_LOONGSON1B
175         bool "Loongson 1B"
176         depends on SYS_HAS_CPU_LOONGSON1B
177         select CPU_LOONGSON1
178         help
179           The Loongson 1B is a 32-bit SoC, which implements the MIPS32
180           release 2 instruction set.

Here I want to list some Chips from this page:
  http://www.loongson.cn/product/

NAME              CPU       Core(s)

The loongson 3, for series/server & desktop
3A3000/3B3000     GS464E    64bit x4
3A2000/3B2000     GS464E    64bit x4
3B1500            GS464     64bit x8
3A1000            GS464     64bit x4

The loongson 2, for series/low power
2K1000            GS264     64bit x2
2F                GS464     64bit x1
2H                GS464     64bit x1

The loongson 1, for series/embeded
1C101             GS132R    32bit ?
1D                GS132     32bit ?
1C                GS232     32bit x1
1B                GS232     32bit x1  <-- loongson 1b
1A                GS232     32bit x1

the CPU name of LOONGSON1B is socalled GS232, shall we

    change CPU_LOONGSON1 to CPU_GS232?

here is a introduce for GS232 in Chinese:
- - - -
龙芯 232 核是一款实现 MIPS32 兼容且支持 EJTAG 调试的双发射处理器,通过采用转移
预测、寄存器重命名、乱序发射、路预测的指令 CACHE、非阻塞的数据 CACHE、写合并收集
等技术来提高流水线的效率。
- - - -
base on this description, is it compact with MIPS32.

for loongson's other cores, shall we define some macro:

	CONFIG_CPU_GS232
	CONFIG_CPU_GS264
	CONFIG_CPU_GS464

Regards,