* Why the internal kernel header?
@ 2020-01-07  9:36 Frederick Gotham
From: Frederick Gotham @ 2020-01-07  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

I'm using Barebox with Buildroot. Previously I was using Barebox version
2018.12.0, and now I have upgraded to version 2019.12.0.

Barebox version 2019.12.0 won't compile for me with Buildroot, because the
header "<linux/list.h>" is missing.

The reason why this header file is missing is that "list.h" is an internal
kernel header file, rather than a userspace kernel header file.

I could try simply copying "list.h" into the appropriate directory in order
to get Barebox to compile, but I'm not keen on doing that.

Does Barebox really need that header file, and if so, why?

Frederick

* Re: Why the internal kernel header?
@ 2020-01-07 10:02 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2020-01-07 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederick Gotham; +Cc: barebox

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 09:36:29AM -0000, Frederick Gotham wrote:

> I'm using Barebox with Buildroot. Previously I was using Barebox version
> 2018.12.0, and now I have upgraded to version 2019.12.0.
>
> Barebox version 2019.12.0 won't compile for me with Buildroot, because the
> header "<linux/list.h>" is missing.
>
> The reason why this header file is missing is that "list.h" is an internal
> kernel header file, rather than a userspace kernel header file.
>
> I could try simply copying "list.h" into the appropriate directory in order
> to get Barebox to compile, but I'm not keen on doing that.
>
> Does Barebox really need that header file, and if so, why?

barebox needs that file, but it provides it itself. If it doesn't find
it during build then your setup seems odd. Could you provide the exact
error message?

Sascha