* barebox on an intel efi system
@ 2017-09-27  6:51 Giorgio Dal Molin
From: Giorgio Dal Molin @ 2017-09-27  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,

I'm currently working with an embedded system based on a "normal"
intel (atom) PC with an AMI Bios on it supporting EFI.

I've built a barebox for it based on the 'arch/x86/configs/efi_defconfig'
and it basically runs on the target: I get a prompt on the screen, the
keyboard works and I can issue commands and boot a kernel.

My problem is now that the '/boot' and '/efi' dirs do not automatically
appear as described in http://www.barebox.org/doc/latest/boards/efi.html

After a bit of grepping and browsing in the barebox sources I've found
the file:

 fs/efi.c

At the end of it there is the 'efi_fs_driver' and its probe function;
I think the driver is registered with the core but the probe function
is never called on my system.

Could this be OK on an EFI system or is it an indication that something
is not properly configured ?

giorgio

* Re: barebox on an intel efi system
@ 2017-09-27  7:11 ` Oleksij Rempel
From: Oleksij Rempel @ 2017-09-27  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giorgio Dal Molin, barebox

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1341 bytes --]

Hi,

you probably need this fix:
https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/barebox/commit/?h=next&id=fc7c42ff3c889ccc993061ee183b0cf1621e3f1c

It is in barebox/next.

Am 27.09.2017 um 08:51 schrieb Giorgio Dal Molin:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working with an embedded system based on a "normal"
> intel (atom) PC with an AMI Bios on it supporting EFI.
>
> I've built a barebox for it based on the 'arch/x86/configs/efi_defconfig'
> and it basically runs on the target: I get a prompt on the screen, the
> keyboard works and I can issue commands and boot a kernel.
>
> My problem is now that the '/boot' and '/efi' dirs do not automatically
> appear as described in http://www.barebox.org/doc/latest/boards/efi.html
>
> After a bit of grepping and browsing in the barebox sources I've found
> the file:
>
>  fs/efi.c
>
> At the end of it there is the 'efi_fs_driver' and its probe function;
> I think the driver is registered with the core but the probe function
> is never called on my system.
>
> Could this be OK on an EFI system or is it an indication that something
> is not properly configured ?
>
> giorgio

Regards,
Oleksij