On 09/15/2010 09:47 AM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote: > Hi, > > a bit more info in the commit will be nice I should have put the information from the introduction mail to the first patch. Here it comes: This patch adds a generic polling infrastructure to barebox. It defines a interface to add and remove functions that should be called during a poll. These functions can be used to reset hardware watchdogs or poll devices to simulate interrupts. > but we could name it differently as it could be see as interrupt Do you have a better name? I'm usually bad with good names, but I don't want to have interrupts or something like this, because it's polling no real interrupts. E.g. if you don't have the polling call in your for-loop your code won't be interrupted. (..and it's usually not your code that's missing the poller call). cheers, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Industrial Linux Solutions | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | http://www.pengutronix.de |