* barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10  6:46 Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-10-10  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi All,

As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
happy to see and meet you there.
I will talk about the current barebox status and the future directions
for barebox.

Sascha

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10  9:41 ` Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
From: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD @ 2012-10-10  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

On 08:46 Wed 10 Oct     , Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
> ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
> happy to see and meet you there.
> I will talk about the current barebox status and the future directions
> for barebox.
for the future direction I thik we could discus about it here first

Best Regards,
J.

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10  9:54   ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-10-10  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD; +Cc: barebox

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:41:23AM +0200, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 08:46 Wed 10 Oct     , Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
> > ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
> > happy to see and meet you there.
> > I will talk about the current barebox status and the future directions
> > for barebox.
> for the future direction I thik we could discus about it here first

Well those who have seen the patches I was recently working on won't be
surprised: It goes into the direction of a multiplatform bootloader.

Sascha

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10 10:04 ` Gregory CLEMENT
From: Gregory CLEMENT @ 2012-10-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

On 10/10/2012 08:46 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
> ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
> happy to see and meet you there.

This event (ELCE) is a good opportunity to meet each other and to speak
about a project such as barebox. You may consider to setup a more formal
meeting associated to ELCE. Thomas Petazzoni did this for the Buildroot
developers, I am sure he can told you how he organized it.

--
Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10 10:49     ` Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
From: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD @ 2012-10-10 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

On 11:54 Wed 10 Oct     , Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:41:23AM +0200, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> > On 08:46 Wed 10 Oct     , Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
> > > ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
> > > happy to see and meet you there.
> > > I will talk about the current barebox status and the future directions
> > > for barebox.
> > for the future direction I thik we could discus about it here first
>
> Well those who have seen the patches I was recently working on won't be
> surprised: It goes into the direction of a multiplatform bootloader.
can we add dt probe will full dt support (maybe drop the boards

I'll to add multi boards support too specially usefull as a second stage. As
example we could detect the board type in the pbl and let barebox select the
correct one, also if a first stage oottloader exist it can pass the
infotmation.

I was thinking on arm in the same way as the kernel

Best Regards,
J.

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-10 16:55   ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-10-10 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregory CLEMENT; +Cc: barebox

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04:50PM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 08:46 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
> > ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
> > happy to see and meet you there.
>
> This event (ELCE) is a good opportunity to meet each other and to speak
> about a project such as barebox. You may consider to setup a more formal
> meeting associated to ELCE. Thomas Petazzoni did this for the Buildroot
> developers, I am sure he can told you how he organized it.

I asked him, let's see. Is anyone interested in coming? At least I am,
it would be interesting for me to hear from other barebox users what
could be made better, what already is perfect ;), or just chat.

Sascha

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-12  9:39     ` Teresa Gamez
From: Teresa Gamez @ 2012-10-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

Am 10.10.2012 18:55, schrieb Sascha Hauer:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04:50PM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>> On 10/10/2012 08:46 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> As you might have noticed already there is a barebox presentation at the
>>> ELCE this year in Barcelona. For everyone who is able to come I'd be
>>> happy to see and meet you there.
>> This event (ELCE) is a good opportunity to meet each other and to speak
>> about a project such as barebox. You may consider to setup a more formal
>> meeting associated to ELCE. Thomas Petazzoni did this for the Buildroot
>> developers, I am sure he can told you how he organized it.
> I asked him, let's see. Is anyone interested in coming? At least I am,
> it would be interesting for me to hear from other barebox users what
> could be made better, what already is perfect ;), or just chat.

Jürgen Kilb, Christian Hemp, Jan Weitzel and I will be there.
And yes we are interested :)

Teresa

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-13 12:11       ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-10-13 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teresa Gamez; +Cc: barebox

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:39:42AM +0200, Teresa Gamez wrote:
> Am 10.10.2012 18:55, schrieb Sascha Hauer:

> >>This event (ELCE) is a good opportunity to meet each other and to speak
> >>about a project such as barebox. You may consider to setup a more formal
> >>meeting associated to ELCE. Thomas Petazzoni did this for the Buildroot
> >>developers, I am sure he can told you how he organized it.
> >I asked him, let's see. Is anyone interested in coming? At least I am,
> >it would be interesting for me to hear from other barebox users what
> >could be made better, what already is perfect ;), or just chat.
>
> Jürgen Kilb, Christian Hemp, Jan Weitzel and I will be there.
> And yes we are interested :)

Ok, then let's go for it. Are you still there on thursday?

Sascha

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-15 19:05       ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2012-10-15 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD; +Cc: barebox

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:49:41PM +0200, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 11:54 Wed 10 Oct     , Sascha Hauer wrote:

> > > for the future direction I thik we could discus about it here first
> >
> > Well those who have seen the patches I was recently working on won't be
> > surprised: It goes into the direction of a multiplatform bootloader.
> can we add dt probe will full dt support (maybe drop the boards
>
> I'll to add multi boards support too specially usefull as a second stage. As
> example we could detect the board type in the pbl and let barebox select the
> correct one, also if a first stage oottloader exist it can pass the
> infotmation.
>
> I was thinking on arm in the same way as the kernel

That's exactly what I am working on.

Sascha

* Re: barebox@ELCE
@ 2012-10-18 11:48         ` Teresa Gamez
From: Teresa Gamez @ 2012-10-18 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

Am 13.10.2012 14:11, schrieb Sascha Hauer:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:39:42AM +0200, Teresa Gamez wrote:

>>> I asked him, let's see. Is anyone interested in coming? At least I am,
>>> it would be interesting for me to hear from other barebox users what
>>> could be made better, what already is perfect ;), or just chat.
>> Jürgen Kilb, Christian Hemp, Jan Weitzel and I will be there.
>> And yes we are interested :)
> Ok, then let's go for it. Are you still there on thursday?

We are leaving thursday evening.
So we are still there at least in the morning.

Regards
Teresa