* Rockchip RK3188
@ 2015-03-04 10:25 Erwin Rol
From: Erwin Rol @ 2015-03-04 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hey all,

I saw some mails and patches passing by for the Rockchip RK3188. Since I
am just starting a project with a RK3188 I was wondering if there are
ppl that have more info than the pathetic databook from Rochchip.

Also it seems large parts (even essential things like the NAND
controller) are closed source kernel blobs ?

How is this dealt with in barebox? Is NAND even usable ?

- Erwin

* Re: Rockchip RK3188
@ 2015-03-04 18:28 ` Панов Андрей
From: Панов Андрей @ 2015-03-04 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erwin Rol, barebox

Hello!

> Hey all,
>
> I saw some mails and patches passing by for the Rockchip RK3188. Since I
> am just starting a project with a RK3188 I was wondering if there are
> ppl that have more info than the pathetic databook from Rochchip.

All known documents are on http://rockchip.fr/
3188 TRM: http://rockchip.fr/Rockchip%20RK3188%20TRM%20V1.3.pdf
PX2 TRM: http://rockchip.fr/Rockchip%20PX2%20TRM%20V1.0.pdf
PX2 document is more complete and has description of parts missing in 3188 doc.
Chips are similar in many parts and PX2 doc can be used as reference.

> Also it seems large parts (even essential things like the NAND
> controller) are closed source kernel blobs ?
>
> How is this dealt with in barebox? Is NAND even usable ?

NAND works with Radxa supplied images with 3.0.36+ kernel and
does not with mainline.

Barebox (with patches) supports SD and network controllers.

--
 Андрей