* Freescale P1020 Startup
@ 2014-04-22 12:34 Tobias Waldekranz
From: Tobias Waldekranz @ 2014-04-22 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi, I'm currently trying to bring up a P1020 based board which boots
from a NOR flash. My board config is based on the existing P2020RDB
board.

The code faults very early with an instruction TLB error when
transitioning from the boot page (0xfffff000) to the flash's address
space (0xeffff000). The TLB has the same valid entries that U-Boot has
setup at the corresponding point in the code (at the end of
create_init_ram_area).

I have tried to compare start.S with its U-Boot cousin but alas, my
PPC assembler fu fails me. Are there any differences between the E500
cores in the P1020 vs. P2020 that must be taken in to consideration in
start.S?

--
Thanks
 - wkz

* Re: Freescale P1020 Startup
@ 2014-04-29 10:38 ` Renaud Barbier
From: Renaud Barbier @ 2014-04-29 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello Tobias,
I was away for a week, hence the late answer.

Have you made any progress since you sent this email?

As far as I know, this early in the code there is no difference.

If you have more information on your debug step, I may be able to find
something.

What tool do you use?

cheers,
REnaud