* Re: how to do a digest on a flashed uImage ? uimage command evolution
@ 2015-07-02  8:53 Philippe Leduc
From: Philippe Leduc @ 2015-07-02  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,

First thank you for the details answers :)

Following your explanations/propositions, I think uimagefs is not
suited to my needs. I think therefore make an evolution of the uImage
command to be able to retrieve the size of my image and to copy it
efficiently into the RAM.

I'll try to propose a patch next week for review. But before that,
what do you think about thes follwing interface:

uimage - extract/verify/copy uImage

Usage: uimage [-vienc] FILE

        -i                      show information about image
        -v                     verify image
        -e OUTFILE      extract image to OUTFILE
        -n NO               use image number NO in multifile image
        -c OUTFILE      Copy the image to OUTFILE
        -s SIZE            Return the size of the uimage file into a VARiable.

Regards,

Philippe LEDUC
ledphilippe@gmail.com

* Re: how to do a digest on a flashed uImage ? uimage command evolution
@ 2015-07-02  9:30 ` Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
From: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD @ 2015-07-02  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Leduc; +Cc: barebox

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 4:53 PM, Philippe Leduc <ledphilippe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> First thank you for the details answers :)
>
> Following your explanations/propositions, I think uimagefs is not
> suited to my needs. I think therefore make an evolution of the uImage
> command to be able to retrieve the size of my image and to copy it
> efficiently into the RAM.
>
> I'll try to propose a patch next week for review. But before that,
> what do you think about thes follwing interface:
>
> uimage - extract/verify/copy uImage
>
> Usage: uimage [-vienc] FILE

>        -i                      show information about image
>        -v                     verify image
>        -e OUTFILE      extract image to OUTFILE
>        -n NO               use image number NO in multifile image
>        -c OUTFILE      Copy the image to OUTFILE
>        -s SIZE            Return the size of the uimage file into a VARiable.

I see no point to extract and copy as you you need to mount it

and then use cp

Best Regards,
J.

* Re: how to do a digest on a flashed uImage ? uimage command evolution
@ 2015-07-02 10:47   ` Philippe Leduc
From: Philippe Leduc @ 2015-07-02 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD; +Cc: barebox

Well, I am using bootm to start my system: how do you boot your system
with a mounted uImage?

Best regards,

Philippe LEDUC
ledphilippe@gmail.com

@ 2015-07-02 10:50     ` Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
From: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD @ 2015-07-02 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Leduc; +Cc: barebox

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 6:47 PM, Philippe Leduc <ledphilippe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, I am using bootm to start my system: how do you boot your system
> with a mounted uImage?

bootm /mnt/data simply specialy on arm.

Best Regards,
J.

@ 2015-07-02 11:09       ` Philippe Leduc
From: Philippe Leduc @ 2015-07-02 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD; +Cc: barebox

Is this a Linux specific behavior? Because I am trying to boot a RTOS
(PikeOS) without success? (Anyway thank you for the info :) )

Best regards,
Philippe LEDUC
ledphilippe@gmail.com