* Fat32 support
@ 2010-06-21  4:25 Jose Luis Zabalza
From: Jose Luis Zabalza @ 2010-06-21  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello all

--
José Luis Zabalza
jlz.3008  a t  gmail.com
Linux Counter 172551

* Re: Fat32 support
@ 2010-06-21  8:32   ` Erwin Rol
From: Erwin Rol @ 2010-06-21  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

Sascha Hauer wrote:

> This is surely possible, though you might be better off with the U-Boot
> code as a template for porting. You'll probably also need dos
> partitioning support.

That is (atleast in part, no extended partitions) already there. The x86
target has DOS partition support. And i have EFI GUID partition support
here, that should be merged as soon as i have time to clean it up.

Both things probably should than be moved out of the x86 target and
moved to a more generic place.

- Erwin

* Re: Fat32 support
@ 2010-06-21  6:56     ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2010-06-21  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Luis Zabalza; +Cc: barebox

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 08:43:15AM +0200, Jose Luis Zabalza wrote:

> Thanks Sascha. But cp command didn't run on NOR flash . unprotect and
> erase run ok so I thought cp command is not a good command to write on
> NOR flash. I must revise NOR device code when I have time.

It's supposed to run, otherwise it's a bug.

Sascha

* Re: Fat32 support
@ 2010-06-21  6:43   ` Jose Luis Zabalza
From: Jose Luis Zabalza @ 2010-06-21  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

2010/6/21 Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de>

> Hello José,
>
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:34:31AM +0200, Jose Luis Zabalza wrote:
> > Hello All.
> >
> > A simple question. Is it posible read a file on fat32 USB memory
> > device from barebox?
>
> No, currently not.
>

> > If not, is it posible write some code to do this? What steps will be necessary?
> > - port from linux kernel usb-storage support.?
> > - port form linux kernel fat 32 support?
>
> This is surely possible, though you might be better off with the U-Boot
> code as a template for porting. You'll probably also need dos
> partitioning support.
>

> > My final objetive is firmwarize the board from a USB fat32 USB memory
> > device with a new barebox "firmwarize" command because I am surprised
> > that there is not on barebox?
>
> I think you don't need an extra command to do this once all necessary
> code is in place. It's more a matter of a script like 'usb; mount -tfat
> /dev/xxx /mnt; cp /mnt/xy /dev/nor0.kernel;'
> We don't have this at the moment because nobody needed it yet. We mostly
> use networking or dfu (device firmware update) for updating purposes.
> That said patches are very welcome ;)
>
> Sascha

Thanks Sascha. But cp command didn't run on NOR flash . unprotect and
erase run ok so I thought cp command is not a good command to write on
NOR flash. I must revise NOR device code when I have time.

Thanks again.

--
José Luis Zabalza
jlz.3008  a t  gmail.com

* Re: Fat32 support
@ 2010-06-21  6:32 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2010-06-21  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Luis Zabalza; +Cc: barebox

@ 2010-06-21  4:34 Jose Luis Zabalza
From: Jose Luis Zabalza @ 2010-06-21  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello All.

A simple question. Is it posible read a file on fat32 USB memory
device from barebox?

If not, is it posible write some code to do this? What steps will be necessary?
- port from linux kernel usb-storage support.?
- port form linux kernel fat 32 support?

My final objetive is firmwarize the board from a USB fat32 USB memory
device with a new barebox "firmwarize" command because I am surprised
that there is not on barebox?

Thanks in avance

--
José Luis Zabalza