* barebox community/forum
@ 2018-07-18  7:24 Mihaita Ivascu
From: Mihaita Ivascu @ 2018-07-18  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hello,

     I would like to know where is the best place for me to post my
technical questions related to barebox or which is the best way to
proceed?
     I could not find any forum or barebox community. Thanks.

Best regards,
         Mihaita Ivascu

* Re: barebox community/forum
@ 2018-07-18  7:48 ` Oleksij Rempel
From: Oleksij Rempel @ 2018-07-18  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mihaita Ivascu, barebox

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 362 bytes --]

Hi Mihaita,

Am 18.07.2018 um 09:24 schrieb Mihaita Ivascu:
> Hello,
>
>      I would like to know where is the best place for me to post my
> technical questions related to barebox or which is the best way to
> proceed?
>      I could not find any forum or barebox community. Thanks.

You are already on the right place.

--
Regards,
Oleksij

* Re: barebox community/forum
@ 2018-07-18  8:41   ` Mihaita Ivascu
From: Mihaita Ivascu @ 2018-07-18  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux; +Cc: barebox

Hi Oleksij,

    Ok, thanks. I have already sent a message to barebox@lists.infradead.org

Best regards,
         Mihaita
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 9:48 AM Oleksij Rempel <linux@rempel-privat.de> wrote:

> Hi Mihaita,
>
> Am 18.07.2018 um 09:24 schrieb Mihaita Ivascu:
> > Hello,
> >
> >      I would like to know where is the best place for me to post my
> > technical questions related to barebox or which is the best way to
> > proceed?
> >      I could not find any forum or barebox community. Thanks.
>
> You are already on the right place.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Oleksij

* Re: barebox community/forum
@ 2018-07-18 12:35 ` Mihaita Ivascu
From: Mihaita Ivascu @ 2018-07-18 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi ,

 I would like to flash a barebox image on NAND for a Phytec imx6ul
evk board using MFGTools.
     I have added support for UTP protocol in kernel image so commands
could be "pushed" using MFGtools app from Windows.
     But obviously I cannot push barebox_update command to Linux.
     So I think I have two options:

1) porting barebox_update command to Linux which I do not find it so
easy. I am already working on it
2) adding UTP support in barebox so I could just load the barebox
image in RAM using MFGtools, there a utp device node would be created
and then I could push barebox specific commands directly from
MFGtools.
      I have added UTP support in linux USB gadget code but I see
barebox USB gadget code is quite different and not all functionality
are in place so I also struggle a bit of porint gUTP patches from
Linux to barebox.
     Does anybody have any experience with this topic or coud advise
me on how to proceed?

Thanks,
      Mihaita