Hi, I 'm trying to port Barebox (2012.01.0) and make it successfully booting Linux on a custom board based on iMX27. I could successfully configure, compile and use Barebox on my MX27ADS board, making it work both as a second stage bootloader (after Redboot) and as the first stage bootloader (booting the system from flash). I modified the sources to adapt the low level init functions to my HW that has half the ram of the ev.board and a different flash (a Spansion S29GLxxx, same size of the one in the eva board). With my customized version of Barebox I can: - boot Linux (zImage, 2.6.32.3) using Barebox as a second stage bootloader (after Redboot) - start from Flash as a first stage bootloader, correctly initializing the system. In the second case, indeed, the system seems to be fully working: I can read and write the flash partitions, I can complete successfully the ram test with "mtest", but... I cannot boot Linux! I just get: "uncompressing linux... done booting the kernel" and then it's silence... architecture_type is 846 (it's the one of the mx27ads). It should be right considering that I used both for the kernel and for the bootloader the configuration for imx27ads. I also tryed to make it boot a more recent kernel version; I compiled a 3.0.8 with early_printk anabled to get more info about the initial crash/problem but... Nothing! I didn't get nothing after "... done booting the kernel" also with the 3.0.8 with low level debug and early_printk enabled. What's the reason for the boot failure? I'm desperately looking for new ideas and suggestions! Thanks in advance for every possible hint, Igor. -- "Don't find fault, find a remedy." (Henry Ford)