* Cannot get 'wd' to appear
@ 2020-01-17 10:31 Frederick Gotham
From: Frederick Gotham @ 2020-01-17 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

I'm running embedded Linux on a quadcore x86_64 machine, and I'm using
Buildroot.

If I go into the "menuconfig" for Barebox, I find;

WATCHDOG
RAVE_SP_WATCHDOG
WATCHDOG_AR9344
WATCHDOG_BCM2835
WATCHDOG_DAVINCI
WATCHDOG_DW
WATCHDOG_IMX
WATCHDOG_IMX_RESET_SOURCE
WATCHDOG_JZ4740
WATCHDOG_MXS28
WATCHDOG_OMAP
WATCHDOG_ORION
WATCHDOG_POLLER

I don't see the driver for the watchdog timer inside my Intel CPU, but
for the time being I have enabled the module WATCHDOG.

I thought at the very least, if I enabled "WATCHDOG", then I would be
able to use the command "wd" at the command prompt, but this isn't so.
"wd" is an unrecognised command.

What do I have to do in order to get the "wd" command to work?

* Re: Cannot get 'wd' to appear
@ 2020-01-17 10:38 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2020-01-17 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederick Gotham; +Cc: barebox

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 10:31:56AM +0000, Frederick Gotham wrote:
> I'm running embedded Linux on a quadcore x86_64 machine, and I'm using
> Buildroot.
>
> If I go into the "menuconfig" for Barebox, I find;
>
> WATCHDOG
> RAVE_SP_WATCHDOG
> WATCHDOG_AR9344
> WATCHDOG_BCM2835
> WATCHDOG_DAVINCI
> WATCHDOG_DW
> WATCHDOG_IMX
> WATCHDOG_IMX_RESET_SOURCE
> WATCHDOG_JZ4740
> WATCHDOG_MXS28
> WATCHDOG_OMAP
> WATCHDOG_ORION
> WATCHDOG_POLLER
>
> I don't see the driver for the watchdog timer inside my Intel CPU, but
> for the time being I have enabled the module WATCHDOG.
>
> I thought at the very least, if I enabled "WATCHDOG", then I would be
> able to use the command "wd" at the command prompt, but this isn't so.
> "wd" is an unrecognised command.
>
> What do I have to do in order to get the "wd" command to work?

You'll need to enable the CMD_WD option. It's in the command section.

Sascha

* Re: Cannot get 'wd' to appear
@ 2020-01-17 10:58   ` Frederick Gotham
From: Frederick Gotham @ 2020-01-17 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

On 1/17/20, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:

>> What do I have to do in order to get the "wd" command to work?
>
> You'll need to enable the CMD_WD option. It's in the command section.

Thank you, that worked, I have the "wd" command now.

When I run it, it says:  Watchdog fails: 'No such device'

If I navigate into "/dev", there is not file in there named "watchdog"
(or anything similar like "wdt").

Is it possible to get Barebox to work with the Intel TCO watchdog timer?