* nvidia jetson tk1 help
@ 2014-09-24 19:23 Ryan Du Bois
From: Ryan Du Bois @ 2014-09-24 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hey There,

I'm having trouble getting barebox to boot on an Nvidia Jetson TK1.  I'm using the tegra-v7_defconfig, and trying to load it to the board via the tegrarcm tool.

Has anyone done this before who might have a recipe that works?

Thanks!
--
+Ryan Du Bois
rdub@kamama.com

[-- Attachment #1.2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: nvidia jetson tk1 help
@ 2014-09-25  8:14 ` Lucas Stach
From: Lucas Stach @ 2014-09-25  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Du Bois; +Cc: barebox

Hi Ryan,

Am Mittwoch, den 24.09.2014, 12:23 -0700 schrieb Ryan Du Bois:
> Hey There,
>
> I'm having trouble getting barebox to boot on an Nvidia Jetson TK1.  I'm using the tegra-v7_defconfig, and trying to load it to the board via the tegrarcm tool.
>
> Has anyone done this before who might have a recipe that works?

Please just "make docs". In there you'll find a chapter on how to
bootstrap a Tegra board. The description is for the Beaver board, but
things work the same way on Jetson. If you have any other question, feel
free to ask.

Regards,
Lucas

* Re: nvidia jetson tk1 help
@ 2014-09-25 15:43   ` Ryan Du Bois
From: Ryan Du Bois @ 2014-09-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Stach; +Cc: barebox

Thanks Lucas, I'll check that out when I get into the office today.

Cheers!

> On Sep 25, 2014, at 1:14, Lucas Stach <dev@lynxeye.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 24.09.2014, 12:23 -0700 schrieb Ryan Du Bois:
>> Hey There,
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting barebox to boot on an Nvidia Jetson TK1.  I'm using the tegra-v7_defconfig, and trying to load it to the board via the tegrarcm tool.
>>
>> Has anyone done this before who might have a recipe that works?
>
> Please just "make docs". In there you'll find a chapter on how to
> bootstrap a Tegra board. The description is for the Beaver board, but
> things work the same way on Jetson. If you have any other question, feel
> free to ask.
>
> Regards,
> Lucas

* Re: nvidia jetson tk1 help
@ 2014-09-25 17:55     ` Ryan Du Bois
From: Ryan Du Bois @ 2014-09-25 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Stach; +Cc: barebox

Okay, that worked, but I have to use the *-usbloader.img image.  The emmc image doesn't output anything over UART.

Is that expected?

Thanks!
--
+Ryan Du Bois
Ministry of Black Magic

@ 2014-09-25 20:51       ` Lucas Stach
From: Lucas Stach @ 2014-09-25 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Du Bois; +Cc: barebox

Am Donnerstag, den 25.09.2014, 10:55 -0700 schrieb Ryan Du Bois:
> Okay, that worked, but I have to use the *-usbloader.img image.  The emmc image doesn't output anything over UART.
>
> Is that expected?

That's expected. As said in the docs the images for Tegra are specific
for the boot source. If you are starting with tegrarcm this would be the
-usbloader boot source. If you want to persist barebox on the EMMC by
copying the image to the boot0 partition you need to use the -emmc
image, the -usbloader image won't come up there.

If the doc isn't clear enough in that regard and you have suggestions on
how to improve this: patches welcome. :)

Regards,
Lucas

* Re: nvidia jetson tk1 help
@ 2014-09-25 20:53         ` Ryan Du Bois