Hello Alex, I think we misunderstood eachother; I was talking about space changes in .c files caused by an editor. send-email came after the editing. Reading back I think you were talking about directly editing patches, which I did not do. The patches as they were sent to this list are the immediate result/output of the git send-email command, if theres inconsistencies in the patch file itself I have no explanation for that. Michel Stam > On 5 apr. 2014, at 08:45, Alexander Aring wrote: > > Hi Michel, > >> On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 08:39:32AM +0200, Michel Stam wrote: >> Hello Alex, >> >> Yes, I used send-email. I did notice that my editor changed some tabs to spaces, that is already fixed in my local repository. Ill send it after I tested whether everything still works. >> > you should not do any changes to a patch file except maybe for the > subject to add "v2" or after the "---" lines. I don't saw any changes to > that. Why you did changes with an editor? > > - Alex