* master breaks phytec-phycore-imx6ul
@ 2017-05-09 15:08 Stefan Riedmüller
From: Stefan Riedmüller @ 2017-05-09 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi guys,

after applying the latest master patches barebox does not boot anymore on my PHYTEC-phyCORE-i.MX6UL. It doesn't show any output. I was able to identify the commit which seems to be responsible for this behavior.

It's 2c506afbadcd546dcc54a0e8599e454fd4aecfdc (ARM: i.MX50: Add support for i.MX50 based Amazon Kindle e-book readers).

It is possible to make the board boot again by disabling System Type --> CONFIG_MACH_KINDLE_MX50 (i.MX50 based Amazon Kindle 4 and 5) in the menuconfig. This deactivates ARCH_IMX50. I also tested it on the PHYTEC-phyCORE-i.MX6-Quad board and the Fresscale SabreSD board with i.MX6 Quad and found the same behavior. I could not find an explanation yet for this so I hope you can help me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best regards,

Stefan Riedmüller