* barebox on beagleboard:  two questions
@ 2009-12-20 16:13 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-12-20 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

  one question almost certainly dumb, the second maybe not so much.

  first, using the current git pull, i:

  $ export ARCH=arm
  $ export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-   (using ELDK toolchain)
  $ make omap3530_beagle_per_uart_defconfig
  $ make

eventually, copy generated "barebox.bin" to MMC/SD as u-boot.bin, and
boot beagle:

Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.4.2 (Feb 19 2009 - 12:01:24)
Reading boot sector

barebox 2.0.0-rc10-dirty (Dec 20 2009 - 03:21:55)

Board: Texas Instrument's Beagle
Malloc space: 0x87bfff10 -> 0x87ffff10 (size  4 MB)
Stack space : 0x87bf7f10 -> 0x87bfff10 (size 32 kB)
running /env/bin/init...
not found
rday>       [different prompt just to prove new image}

  at that point, every single command i type gives me "Unknown
command", which may be because i haven't read all the docs and have
done nothing in terms of an environment.  i figured it was just worth
doing the trivially obvious to see what happened.

  not so trivial -- board/omap/board-beagle.c:

/**
 * @brief Do the SDRC initialization for 128Meg Micron DDR for CS0
 *
static struct device_d sdram_dev = {
        .name = "mem",
        .map_base = 0x80000000,
        .size = 128 * 1024 * 1024,
        .platform_data = &sram_pdata,
};

  all the newer beagles have 256M of RAM, not 128M.  does this mean my
board is being initialized improperly?  or should i be reading the
above differently?

rday

* Re: barebox on beagleboard: two questions
@ 2009-12-20 17:12 ` Anand Gadiyar
From: Anand Gadiyar @ 2009-12-20 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert P. J. Day; +Cc: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

Hi Robert,

>  at that point, every single command i type gives me "Unknown
> command", which may be because i haven't read all the docs and have
> done nothing in terms of an environment.  i figured it was just worth
> doing the trivially obvious to see what happened.

The beagle and 3430sdp defconfigs seem to have most of the commands
disabled.

I manually enabled some of them from the menuconfig->Commands menu.
Haven't gotten around to sending out a patch yet (yes, I know it takes
only a few minutes, but general laziness prevails...).

- Anand

* Re: barebox on beagleboard: two questions
@ 2009-12-20 18:17   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-12-20 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Gadiyar; +Cc: U-Boot Version 2 (barebox)

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, Anand Gadiyar wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> >  at that point, every single command i type gives me "Unknown
> > command", which may be because i haven't read all the docs and
> > have done nothing in terms of an environment.  i figured it was
> > just worth doing the trivially obvious to see what happened.
> >

> The beagle and 3430sdp defconfigs seem to have most of the commands
> disabled.
>
> I manually enabled some of them from the menuconfig->Commands menu.
> Haven't gotten around to sending out a patch yet (yes, I know it
> takes only a few minutes, but general laziness prevails...).

  i figured it would be something that trivial.

rday