* Watchdog Timer with x86 processor
@ 2020-01-06 13:27 Frederick Gotham
From: Frederick Gotham @ 2020-01-06 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

I have an embedded Linux project with an x86_64 CPU.

I'm looking through the Barebox documentation and it seems that there's a lot
of support for ARM, but I'm trying to find something that will work with my
Intel processor.

When I go into the "menuconfig", I see the following symbols:

    WATCHDOG
    RAVE_SP_WATCHDOG
    WATCHDOG_AR9344
    WATCHDOG_BCM2835
    WATCHDOG_DAVINCI
    WATCHDOG_DW
    WATCHDOG_IMX
    WATCHDOG_IMX_RESET_SOURCE
    WATCHDOG_JZ4740
    WATCHDOG_MXS28
    WATCHDOG_OMAP
    WATCHDOG_ORION
    WATCHDOG_POLLER

Right now the only one that I have enabled is:WATCHDOG. I think the Intel
Watchdog timer is referred to as iTCO_wdt, but I don't see it in the above
list.

Is it possible to use the Barebox bootloader with a watchdog timer on an x86
CPU?

Frederick