* Is barebox support usb mass storeage?
@ 2016-05-12 11:44 DU HUANPENG
From: DU HUANPENG @ 2016-05-12 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi, is barebox now supports load images from usb disk?

duhuanpeng.
u74147@gmai1.com

* Re: Is barebox support usb mass storeage?
@ 2016-05-13  5:57 ` Holger Schurig
From: Holger Schurig @ 2016-05-13  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DU HUANPENG, barebox

> Hi, is barebox now supports load images from usb disk?

better-> Hi, does barebox now support load images from USB?

Yes, this is supported. At least for my hardware (i.MX6).

Basically you first need to detect the USB stick. After this you mount
it and specify the path to vmlinuz, initrd, dtb etc like you'd when you
boot from eMMC or SD-Card.

* Re: Is barebox support usb mass storeage?
@ 2016-05-13  8:41   ` DU HUANPENG
From: DU HUANPENG @ 2016-05-13  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox; +Cc: u74147

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 07:57:19AM +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > Hi, is barebox now supports load images from usb disk?
>
> better-> Hi, does barebox now support load images from USB?
thank you. :)

> Yes, this is supported. At least for my hardware (i.MX6).
I need to make my bootloader supports load image from USB disk,
what documents should i read?

@ 2016-05-13  9:59     ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2016-05-13  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox, u74147

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 04:41:45PM +0800, DU HUANPENG wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 07:57:19AM +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > > Hi, is barebox now supports load images from usb disk?
> >
> > better-> Hi, does barebox now support load images from USB?
> thank you. :)
> >

> > Yes, this is supported. At least for my hardware (i.MX6).
> I need to make my bootloader supports load image from USB disk,
> what documents should i read?

http://barebox.de/doc/latest/user/usb.html?highlight=usb

This is for the user documentation. There is no developer documentation,
for that you have to read the code. Basically you have to register your
USB host device with barebox... and write (port, adopt) the USB host
driver for your device. Which SoC are we talking about?

Sascha